Religious Education: Primary- Grade 6
DRE for Primary to Grade 6
Saint Thomas More Parish
Phone: 902-434-4190 ext. 223
Tuesday & Wednesday: 9 – 2 pm
Thursday: 9 – 1 pm
Saturday: 1 – 3 pm
What a wonderful ALL Saints Celebration we had! Thank you to all the children for dressing up as their favorite Saint.
First Reconciliation students have now begun using the new “Blessed” Program created by Dynamic Catholic. It is a very engaging and dynamic program with animated videos and discussion. A Parent Email program is available for parents, helping them to walk alongside their child and enriching their own spiritual life. They will continue the First Holy Communion “Blessed” Program in September 2018
Preparation for First Reconciliation takes in grade 2. If your child is in grade 3 or 4 in regular school and they have not attended any catechism classes, they will be registered for First Reconciliation.
First Holy Communion – “We Share in the Eucharist”
First Holy Communion continue with “On Our Way with Jesus” Program by Francoise Darcy-Berube and Jean-Paul Berube
Preparation for First Holy Communion takes place in grade 3 provided First Reconciliation has taken place the previous year.
SACRAMENTAL CELEBRATION DATES
First Reconciliation/ Penance celebration Saturday April 21st 2018, at 10 am
First Holy Communion Celebration Sunday May 26th 2018, at the 11:15 am Holy Mass
- October 8 – No Catechism Class – Happy Thanksgiving
- October 29 – All Saints Day Parade
- November 12 – No catechism class – Remembrance Day
- November 25 – Family Advent Wreath Making at 1 pm – 3pm
- December 9 – Confession for Grades 4, 5 and 6 in preparation for Christmas
- December 10 – Christmas Play at 1 pm
- December 16 – Parish Christmas Party at 1 pm for our Children and Youth
- January 7 – Welcome back! First class of 2018
- March 11 & 18 – No classes – March Break
- March 30 – Good Friday Children’s Service at 11 am for all students
- April 1 – Easter Sunday – No Classes
- May13 – Closing Celebration of Catechism Classes with Presentations by students followed by a Mother’s Day Tea.